Summer Guide: Bars on the Bay to Watch the America's Cup
Summer Guide 2012
Choosing the Season's Best Music Festivals
By Rae Alexandra
The Life Aquatic: Get out on the Bay
By Mike Rowell
Classic Cocktails Are Alive and Well in S.F.
By Matthew Stafford
Road Trip: Destination Nevada City
By Maya Kroth
Make State Park Reservations While You Can
By Kate Hawthorne
The America's Cup World Series (a sort of practice run for the 2013 America's Cup races) comes to San Francisco Bay on Aug. 21-26 and Oct. 4-7, and if the grand spectacle of yachtsmen at play isn't intoxicating enough for you, check out the action from one of these bayside watering holes.
• McCormick & Kuleto's, 900 North Point (at Larkin), 929-1730. Terrific North Bay vistas and an exceptional happy hour to boot.
• Butterfly, Pier 33 (at Bay), 864-8999. Upscale Asian fusion restaurant features an optimal bayside bar.
• Pier 23 Café (at Greenwich), 362-5125. Laid-back edge-of-the-bay atmosphere complete with surfboards and palm trees.
• Epic Roasthouse, 369 Embarcadero (at Harrison), 369-9955. The floor-to-ceiling windows in the restaurant's Quiver Bar offer fine waterfront views.
• The Ramp, 855 Terry Francois (at Mariposa), 621-2378. Blue-collar shipyard ambience is a nice contrast to the Thurston Howell III-types' frolics at sea.