Here at SF Weekly, we value art big time (not just on this here arts blog, but across the board). We also happen to benefit from a kick-ass art director, one Andrew Nilsen, who curates the covers each week (and does 100,000 other things as well). Here are his top picks for 2012.
10. On the cover: Prop 13: The Building-Sized Loopholes Corporations Exploit, by Joe Eskenazi. January 4 issue.
9. On the cover: Indie on Top: Noise Pop Celebrates 20 Years of Independent Music, by Ian S. Port. February 22 issue.
8. On the cover: Fall Arts: Classical Revolution Charts a New Course, by Casey Burchby. September 5 issue.
7. On the cover: Tainted Saint: Mother Teresa Defended Pedophile Priest, by Peter Jamison. January 11 issue.
6. On the cover: Operation Midnight Climax: How the CIA Dosed S.F. Citizens with LSD, by Troy Hooper. March 14 issue.