Mission Street Food
gets saucy this week with Booze Night for Ladies' Night on Thursday, Nov. 19. In other words, MSF will present a menu of alcohol-tinged tastiness, with proceeds to benefit Ladies' Night, a nonprofit program from the Women's Community Clinic
, the Mission Neighborhood Resource Center
, and the Haight's Homeless Youth Alliance
that hosts a weekly sit-down meal and other vital services for women.
Steven Gdula, author of The Warmest Room in the House: How the Kitchen Became the Heart of the 20th Century Home
and proprietor of Gobba Gobba Hey
, will be the guest pastry chef for the evening. He plans to offer a flight of three alcohol-infused gobs (kind of a cake sandwich): chocolate raspberry with Absinthe, buttered rum with spiced pumpkin, and Irish coffee. Sounds like a good accompaniment for the other dessert offering, a scoop of Humphry Slocombe
Secret Breakfast ice cream (bourbon and corn flakes). Elyse Winery will donate wine, which will be sold for half off the retail price.
Peruse the entire tipsy menu after the jump.
- Goat cheese, olive and shallot crumble, satsuma mandarin, fennel and treviso, with gin-lemon vinaigrette
- Drunken squid: Squid sashimi in aged sake, served with chorizo spring rolls
- Apple and celery root-beer bread with roasted kale and brie
- Grand Marnier chicken wings with serrano chow mein
- Mesquite grilled, Wild Turkey-glazed ribs with bacon-y mustard greens
- Vodka-battered oyster flatbread with avocado, cucumber, and pickled jalapeno
- Lung Shan's Vegan Delight: Shiitake and oyster mushroom dumplings in miso soup
- Gobba Gobba Hey gob tasting flight: Chocolate raspberry fennel with Absinthe, buttered rum with spiced pumpkin, and Irish coffee
- Humphry Slocombe Secret Breakfast ice cream