- Kanye announced two more NorCal shows. In addition to Yeezy’s two shows this weekend (Saturday, Oct. 22 and Sunday, Oct. 23) at Oracle Arena, he will now be performing in San Jose at SAP Center on Thursday, Nov. 17, and in Sacramento at Golden 1 Center on Saturday, Nov. 19. Tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. this Saturday, Oct. 22 at livenation.com. We’ve already got ours.
- Pissed TIMF attendees started a Facebook group. Entitled “TREASURE ISLAND 2k16 SUCKS (CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT),” the now roughly 126 member strong group is attempting to gather evidence and find a lawyer to help bummed festivalgoers get their money back for the shitshow that was Treasure Island Music Festival last weekend. We’re routing for you, underdogs, and your mission to stick it to the man (or in this case, Noise Pop, Another Planet, and/or TicketMaster).
- Billboard wrote about local distribution label, Empire. For the second time in the span of a few months, the primarily hip-hop-focused S.F. distribution label has had a hella long article dedicated to it. (The first article came out in Sept. in Forbes.) It’s nice to see a local label that’s trying out an unorthodox distribution method get some shine and love from some of the biggest publications in the country.
- Rihanna wore a Hillary Clinton T-shirt. OK, this might not be the most earth-shattering fashion statement (and it’s a bit of a moot point, too, because Rihanna, who is a native of Barbados, can’t even vote in the U.S.), but it’s still a big deal. Rihanna’s Navy is thousands strong and if she can help reach a different demographic than Clinton can, and not only encourage them to go out and vote, but to vote for H.C., then we applaud this T-shirt whole-heartedly.
- This meme:
- TIMF refused to issue refunds to unhappy attendees. In addition to the rains and high winds, acts (such as James Black, Flight Facilities, Kelela, and Duke Dumont) cancelled, lineups were changed and delayed, the Ferris Wheel and silent disco were closed, and a whole bunch of other snafus occurred at Treasure Island Music Festival’s tenth event and last year on the island. Tickets costed a few hundred dollars, but Another Planet, Noise Pop, and Ticket Master are staunchly refusing to reimburse attendees. Talk about lame.
- R. Kelly cancelled his Oracle Arena show TWO HOURS before his performance. For the third time in ONE WEEK, R. Kelly cancelled a show, and in fact he pushed back his entire The Buffet Tour for next year. Apparently this is something the R&B artist does quite often, and we’re not sure if this is because he’s a diva or if drama just follows him everywhere he goes.