A kitchen fire interrupted lunch for more than 150 patrons dining at Kokkari restaurant in the city's Financial District this afternoon.
The fire started at the upscale Greek restaurant around 1:30 p.m. However, nobody inside the restaurant even noticed until the fire trucks arrived. Folks passing by the restaurant, located at 200 Jackson St., saw smoke billowing out of the building, so they dialed 911.
SF Weekly Staff Writer Laura Murray is at the scene and talked to a chef who said the kitchen staff hadn't noticed anything burning where they were cooking.