According to a recent story in Politico, an influx of Obama administration alums has flooded San Francisco and Silicon Valley — especially the top tech firms in each. Why?
- After years spent giving ordinary Americans healthcare, it’s time to kick back and take away their housing
- C’mon – have you ever been to D.C.?
- They want to live someplace where they’ll never have to speak to a Republican again
- Obama was a “startup president” – whatever that’s supposed to mean
- Tired of politicians’ bullshit about changing the world, they want to try Silicon Valley’s bullshit about changing the world
- They tried democracy; now it’s time to give Uber a chance
- All the good lobbying jobs were taken
- They were drawn to the siren call of Ed Lee’s business-friendly centrism
- They find the idea of living outside of an insular bubble terrifying
- Money, money, money