Wilfredo Reyes Charged With Murder of Bologna Family

Wilfredo Reyes

Update (4:55 p.m.): The District Attorney announced this afternoon that Wilfredo Reyes will be charged with three counts of murder, one count of attempted murder, one count of aiding and abetting in the discharge of a firearm, and one count of participating in a street gang. One count of conspiracy to commit murder will be added to his slew of charges, the DA said. Reyes will be appear in court next on July 24.

“The family is very pleased that Reyes is back and will face justice for the murders,” said Danielle Bologna, wife of Anthony and mother of Michael and Matthew.

Original Story (12:40 p.m.) Wilfredo Reyes, the second suspect in a 2008 triple homicide, has been extradited from North Carolina and will be arraigned in San Francisco today, the District Attorney's office announced.

Reyes, 31, will likely face charges of aiding and abetting to the murder of the Bologna family.
“He is a co-conspirator, aider and abetter, and equally guilty for the senseless crimes committed against the Bologna family,” Assistant District Attorney Alex Bastian told SF Weekly last week.
Reyes had fled town soon after Tony Bologna and two of his sons were murdered in June 2008. Edwin Ramos, 25, was convicted of first degree murder for that crime and, in June, sentenced to life without the possibility of parole. About a month later, local authorities arrested Reyes in North Carolina.

View Comments