Happy holidays, my friends! What's a better way to say "hey pal, you're alright" than gifting some homemade vegan peanut brittle? With the Sweet Life's recipe, you can do just that.
- Vegan Sofganiyot, Eggnog Cupcakes, and a Veggie Quarter Pounder!
- Cocoa Cinna-Buns, a Baddass Noah, ... More >>
Happy Meatless Monday! Or for us vegans, "Monday." Because you are such good little elves, I think you deserve some yummy eggnog cupcakes! These cuties are from the Misfit Baker:
- Cocoa Cinna-Buns, a Baddass Noah, and Ellen is Off the Vegan Wagon
- Veggieducken, Vegan Graffiti, and is ... More >>
Protestors gathered today outside the Oakland Walmart on Edgewater Drive, voicing their opposition to what they say is cruelty to animals.The group, Mercy for Animals, is calling on Walmart to require its suppliers to phase out the too small crates, citing new footage filmed at Christensen ... More >>
Hey pals, do you ever say to yourself, "What am I going to do with all this cookie butter?!" Boy do I have the solution: Make these salted chocolate cookie butter cups! They are out of control. I love salt and chocolate together and cookie butter is just bananas so these have a lot going for t ... More >>
• Beyonce is preggers and so she's eating a vegan diet. Or is it, a partially vegan diet? Which is what EVERYONE ON EARTH EATS. It's like, did you eat anything that wasn't a steak today? Unless it was an egg milkshake, you're partially vegan! Welcome to the club, asshole!
• Need some last m ... More >>
• It's Halloween on Monday! Which is a whack day for Halloween but I have no control over that, so take it up with God if you're so upset. Since the most holy day of the year for children and slutras is upon us, that means you should stock up on non-shitty candies at Rock Candy Snack Shop, bust ... More >>
• Shoe designer Jeffrey Campbell and Berkeley eco-boutique Convert are teaming up for an exclusive shoe line available in September. Those familiar with Jeffrey Campbell know that his shoes are mainly for artsy sluts so I'll take several pairs of each.
Work it, you weirdo vegan tramp!̴ ... More >>
This news is from last week but I was in Greece and Russia (WHAT'S UP I HAVE A PASSPORT) so I'm gonna talk about it anyway, okay? Okay! Also, I've got mad jet lag, a nasty cold, and a really bad attitude. Things could get extra real today and I apologize in advance/YOU'RE WELCOME.
• So! SFood ... More >>
A pig's lifeBrace yourself for this distressing piece of news. Mercy for Animals is releasing a truly jaw-dropping video that shows just how badly pigs are abused in the process of being slaughtered. According to the national animal rights organization, which planted an investigator within the Io ... More >>
Earlier this morning we told you about the sad story of how hidden video captured how badly piglets were abused at Iowa Select Farms, which supplies the meat to companies, including Safeway. Today, Mercy For Animals, a national animal rights organization, released the graphic video before calling on ... More >>
• 7x7 shares a recipe from Greens for their amazing vegan devil's food cake. Rumor has it that it was served at Biz Stone's birthday party. If it's good enough for Biz Stone, it's good enough for Biz Stone. And hopefully you, too! All I know is that I'll be eating an entire one tonight as I ... More >>
SFoodie's roundup of tips, news, and rants from the week in animal-free eats.
adria.richards/FlickrDear Russell: We forgive you for the whole RushCard thing.• New mac 'n' cheese restaurant Homeroom is opening in Oakland the day after Valentine's Day. Who gives a shit, right? YOU DO! ... More >>