The America's Cup World Series (a sort of practice run for the 2013 America's Cup races) comes to San Francisco Bay on Aug. 21-26 and Oct. 4-7, and if the grand spectacle of yachtsmen at play isn't intoxicating enough for you, check out the action from one of these bayside watering holes.
• McCormick & Kuleto's, 900 North Point (at Larkin), 929-1730. Terrific North Bay vistas and an exceptional happy hour to boot.
• Butterfly, Pier 33 (at Bay), 864-8999. Upscale Asian fusion restaurant features an optimal bayside bar.
• Pier 23 Café (at Greenwich), 362-5125. Laid-back edge-of-the-bay atmosphere complete with surfboards and palm trees.
• Epic Roasthouse, 369 Embarcadero (at Harrison), 369-9955. The floor-to-ceiling windows in the restaurant's Quiver Bar offer fine waterfront views.
• The Ramp, 855 Terry Francois (at Mariposa), 621-2378. Blue-collar shipyard ambience is a nice contrast to the Thurston Howell III-types' frolics at sea.