1. "Acoustigasm! V," Wednesday @ Madrone
Unsavory image, particularly for "a quarterly rock 'n' roll fundraising event benefitting international humanitarian dental missions." You win again, Madrone.
2. "Haute Frigay," Friday @ Q Bar
3. Valient Thorr, tonight @ Bottom of the Hill
4. Wonway Posibul, Friday @ Som
A member of the Ill Literacy collective, fittingly enough.
5. Lecherous Nocturne, Wednesday @ DNA Lounge
This takes the pathetic fallacy to new levels. Pretty good death metal band, though.
1. Jerry Joseph & the Jackmormons, Friday through Sunday @ Oakland Metro Operahouse
2. Orchestra of Antlers, Thursday @ Red Devil Lounge
Perhaps an outtake from An Exaltation of Larks by (yes, that) James Lipton?
3. One in the Chamber, Tuesday @ The Knockout
I want very badly for this to be chamber music covers of gangsta-rap standards. Alas.
4. Abigail Williams, Wednesday at DNA Lounge
What is Abigail Williams doing on a bill with Immolation, Vader, Pathology, and the aforementioned Lecherous Nocturne? Slaying, probably.
5. "Positively Touching: The Sixth Annual Cabaret Evening to Benefit Positive Being," Tuesday @ The Rrazz Room