Get SF Weekly Newsletters

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Help Odd Future's Tyler the Creator Find the Woman He Wants to Marry

Posted By on Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 2:16 AM

click to enlarge Tweeted by Tyler
  • Tweeted by Tyler
You know what Frank said about Saturday night being the loneliest night of the week? Well, it's true even for famous rappers. Observe the Twitter feed of one Tyler Haley, aka Tyler the Creator, figurehead of the notorious L.A. rap collective Odd Future, circa midnight PST on Saturday: Over a series of messages, the 20-year-old tells of his search for Mya, a fashion student whom he met in a Starbucks in New York City (see above). Though apparently lovestruck, it seems Mr. Odd Future has so far failed to reconnect with the object of his affection. Which is too bad --- because, as Tyler informed his roughly 92,000 Twitter followers, he wishes to marry this person. So enraptured is Tyler that he says he even will allow Mya to "Hot Carl" him. (NSFW definition here.) Awwwwwww. Yes, this is love in the Twitter age, folks, and like Odd Future's music, it's blunt and creepy and yet kinda touching at the same time:

Back In October I Met The Girl i Want To Marry. Still Havent Found Her.less than a minute ago via web

http://www.flickr.com/photos/imaginace/5111804392/ I Made This In Hopes Of Finding Her. Still no Luck =(less than a minute ago via web

My Dumbass Didn;t Have The Flash On When i Took The Photo. Because I'm An Assclown Loser Face.less than a minute ago via web

Niggas Was on Facebook For Days Lurkingless than a minute ago via web

She Mixed. Fuck, I Gotta Find Her.less than a minute ago via web

The Things I Would Let Her Do To Me. I Would Allow Her To Hot Carl Me. No Question, Get Right Into It.less than a minute ago via web

I'm Actually Lurking Facebook Right Now.less than a minute ago via web

I'm Gonna Find This Bitch.less than a minute ago via web

Say it again with us now: Awwwwwwwwwww. Tyler, we wish you luck in your amorous endeavors. Even that, uh, Hot Carl thing.

----
Follow us on Twitter @SFAllShookDown, follow Ian S. Port @iPORT, and like us at Facebook.com/SFAllShookDown.

• Pin It

Tags: , , , , ,

About The Author

Ian S. Port

Comments

Popular Stories

1. Most Popular Stories
  2. Stories You Missed

Like us on Facebook

Slideshows

• How Weird Street Faire
    The 16th annual How Weird Street Faire shut down SoMa on Sunday as people flocked to the city wearing colorful costumes to dance, view performances, and enjoy art. Photographs by Michael Hendrickson.
  • Star Wars Celebration @ Anaheim Convention Center
    Christopher Victorio brings back photos from a land not so far away of the Star Wars Celebration at the Anaheim Convention Center.