The Bay Citizen
was funded with a $5 million gift from Warren Hellman to be an independent news organization in the Bay Area. But after two years in operation, it's being taken over by the Center for Investigative Reporting
How did this happen?
- It turns out there actually wasn't so much uncovered news
- They got too close to the Truth
- Only journalists and politicians read the news anymore
- You can't build a decent website for only $5 million. The technology isn't there.
- This is basically what happens to every organization that partners with the New York Times
Follow us on Twitter at @SFWeekly and @TheSnitchSF
- They didn't optimize their b2b synergy with cross-promotional
communication streams that micro-target key demographics socially, a