Get SF Weekly Newsletters

Monday, November 26, 2012

Mysterious Carbon Monoxide Incident Sends 14 to Hospital

Posted By on Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 7:29 AM

click to enlarge Guess what, Bernal Heights ...
  • Guess what, Bernal Heights ...

More than a dozen people were rushed to the hospital last night -- and it wasn't because of rotten Thanksgiving leftovers. The San Francisco Fire Department reports 14 people were somehow exposed to carbon monoxide at a Bernal Heights home last night.

The strange incident occurred about 7 p.m. on 1223 Cortland St. when the dozen-plus residents were taken to the hospital for possible carbon monoxide poisoning. The patients indeed had traces of the toxic gas in their bloodstream, yet PG&E officials still have no clue where it came from, according to press reports.

PG&E reps arrived at the house and checked all gas appliances for possible sources of carbon monoxide, but found nothing of concern.

No word on how everyone is feeling this morning, but we'll tell you more when we know more.

  • Pin It

Tags: , , , , ,

About The Author

Erin Sherbert

Erin Sherbert

Erin Sherbert was the Online News Editor for SF Weekly from 2010 to 2015. She's a Texas native and has a closet full of cowboy boots to prove it.

Suggested Reading


Subscribe to this thread:

Add a comment

Popular Stories

  1. Most Popular Stories
  2. Stories You Missed

Like us on Facebook