Six weeks after a fire that shut down the Los Gatos restaurant, Manresa has announced it will reopen on Wednesday, Sept. 19. The July 16 blaze came four years after an even more serious fire that began in the same place and left David Kinch’s three-Michelin-starred dining destination closed for a full six months.
Fortunately, the restaurant was unoccupied, no one was injured, and the fire department swiftly came to the rescue. The fire began in an almost bizarrely innocuous-sounding way: dish towels saturated with sunflower oil combusted in the heat. Consequently, beyond a hole in the kitchen roof, much of the damage to the 16-year-old restaurant’s interior was smoke-related.
Kinch has reportedly spent the summer at his home in Santa Cruz, coming up with new dishes.
Manresa, 320 Village Lane, Los Gatos, 408-354-4330 or manresarestaurant.com