October was one for the burger lovers. Umami Burger expanded with its first outpost north of the I-405, and brought with it a new S.F.-specific menu addition: the bacon-wrapped scallop burger. A few blocks away, Super Duper opened it's latest outpost on Chestnut after few false starts, and Pearl's Deluxe Burgers began flipping patties on mid-Market just before the end of the month.
• Umami Burger arrived in Northern California, and lucky for us it's in the City (2184 Union at Fillmore).
• Just in time for S.F.'s true Summer, the taps started flowing at the outdoor Biergarten (424 Octavia at Fell).
• A Chinese street-food inspired menu in a sleek setting: Wo Hing General Store (584 Valencia at 17th St.).
• Pearl's Deluxe Burgers (1001 Market at Sixth St.) opened its second City location across the street from sausage restaurant Show Dogs.
• A book club with drinks? Yes, please: Two Sisters Bar & Books (579 Hayes at Laguna).
• The third Super Duper opened in the Marina, with the classic burgers, fries, and shakes (2201 Chestnut at Pierce).
Additional openings and closures after the jump.