While music is a big part of the night — a bevvy of female-fronted bands are on the lineup, including Dead Sara, Wax Idols, Kera and the Lesbians, and The Tambo Rays — this is more than just your average concert.
That said, here’s what to expect:
- Live music: Duhhhhh.
- A tampon drive: Unopened feminine hygiene products will be donated to Compass Family Services, which is a big deal considering how tampons, etc. are still taxable items, making them more expensive then they should be and harder to acquire for low-income women.
- Pop-Up Shops: Upstairs, local women-founded businesses like The Tidy Shoppe, PopShop, Maiden Voyage Jewelry, and Sand Shed, will be selling goods.
- Zines! Or rather one zine in particular: The next issue of The Sea Witch Zine Vol. III will be available for perusal and sale. The theme of the issue is the “feminist awakening,” with stories, poems, and art by various artists.
- A raffle: Anyone who brings items for the tampon drive will receive a free raffle ticket at the door. Prizes include a “Feminist Book Bundle” from Green Apple Books On The Park and artwork from various artists.
- Free tampons: Conscious Period will be handing out free tampons in the women’s bathroom, so yeahhhhh, if you always dreamed of getting free tampons, your prayers have been answered.
All in all, this will be a night of fun, free shit, live music, good deeds, and a ton of good vibes. And remember, you don’t have to be a gal to attend this event. Guys, you can come, too!