Now that this year's Outside Lands lineup has been released in full and stayed true to its lil-bit-hippie-lil-bit-hip-hop roots and the folk vs. funk vibe, will you be forking over some coin when the tickets go on sale tomorrow? How do you think this year's lineup fares with those of previous years? What do you remember from the years before? Let's do a little Outside Lands retrospective:
Outside Lands 2009:
Headlined by Pearl Jam, Tenacious D (in lieu of Beastie Boys), Dave Matthews Band, with The Mars Volta, Modest Mouse, Band of Horses, TV on the Radio, Dead Weather, and Tom Jones.
2009's highs and lows:
- A little butt wiggling by Tom Jones as panties were flung onto the stage.
- Pearl Jam closing the first night with Neil Young's “Rockin' in the Free World”
- The strict 10p.m. curfew.
- Auto-bots rolling out during the Black Eyed Peas set.
- 50,000 people singing “My Humps”.
- The manic intensity of Mars Volta's jam session.
- S.F. weather's little sunshine c***tease as that lurking fog rolled in by Sunday.
- Furry hats with ears.
- M.I.A., true to style, tweet-bashing Tenacious D before they headlined.
- M.I.A.'s Beastie Boys shout-out via sample of “Intergalactic”.
- Flocking to see Tenacious D.
- Shared sentiments throughout the crowd for Adam Yauch's recovery.