Last week an elite group of city power brokers, including Ed Lee, Warren Hellman, David Chiu, and several labor leaders, met privately at City Hall to work out a solution to the city's crisis of escalating pension and benefit costs. What solutions are they considering?
• Wait until everybody's dead, then reduce their health care
• Sell off the city's gold for cash – fast!
• Pay out 25 percent of pensions in hugs
• San Francisco will fake its own death, and use the insurance payments to support retirees
• Sell the naming rights to Ed Lee's mustache
• Hire only illegal immigrants, who can be shipped back to their country of origin when they get too expensive
• An even bigger bluegrass festival!
• San Francisco will mint its own, more progressive, currency
• They've got a bridge you can buy